This section of the show continues to go from strength to strength and is a popular attraction with our show visitors. There are prizes in each of the classes and this year we’ve got new classes and our dedicated begonia section is back too.
We also have information on how to enter our Photography Competition, Children’s Design a Garden Competition and our Community and Schools Garden Competition too.
Flower, Fruit and Vegetable, Begonia and Floral Art competitions: For the Flower, Fruit and Vegetable classes, a minimum of three entries (at least one entry in three separate classes) must be submitted in order to receive a complimentary weekend wristband ticket.
Physical copies of the competition schedule can be collected from the following locations:
Chorley Town Hall Reception
Union Street Council Offices Reception
Marshall’s FloristAstley Hall Gift Shop
Birkacre Garden Centre
Pole Green Nurseries – Charnock Richard
Avant Garden Centre – Leyland
You don’t need to be a pro to enter Chorley Flower Show’s photography competition. We are looking for the best snaps in these categories:
1. Bees 2. Indoor gardening 3. Impressive insects 4. Your space in nature: A place in nature that brings you comfort 5. Young photographer: Pets in gardens
Entries must be received by Sunday 18 June at midnight.
The winning photographs will be used to publicise next year’s show and included in the 2024 official Chorley Flower Show programme. The winning photos will also be displayed at the Chorley Flower Show 2024 and will win a weekend wristband for the 2024 show (adult) or a prize (young photographer).
• Must be a digital image
• JPEG format
• High quality image
• Must not be modified in any way (we are seeking natural photographs, free from digital manipulation. Subtle sharpening and colour balance will be regarded as normal digital processes)
• Entries should be submitted, along with photographer name, contact details and location of where the photo was taken to email@example.com via WeTransfer.
• Please send the photographers age if they are entering the young photographer category
Entries must be received by midnight on
Sunday 18 June 2023.
We are looking to inspire the next generation of garden designers by bringing their garden designs to life.
Last year, our competition winner Oliver, designed an incredible garden that was brought to life at the Chorley Flower Show. We want to take design aspects from all our budding garden designers and create a fantastic show garden for the 2023 show.
The winning entries will receive gardening vouchers for their schools as well as free entry for themselves and their family to attend the Chorley Flower Show 2023 and see their creations brought to life.
Deadline for entries is Sunday 14 May at midnight.
There are 2 group categories 5-11 years (Primary) and 12-16 years (Secondary)
Design a show garden set against your own brief which should include:
o Describe your garden
o What is the garden used for?
o What are the main plants and features?
You can theme your garden on any ideas and you can be as creative as you like!
Designs should be on a maximum of A4 size paper.
Our panel of experts will judge the garden designs and consider how realistic the garden is to recreate.
Entries can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org or by posting to:
Children’s Design a Garden Competition, Chorley Flower Show, Chorley Town Hall, Market Street, Chorley, PR7 1DP
When entering, please include your name, your design, your brief, contact details, age category and the school you attend.
Our popular Community and School Garden Competition returns to the show for 2023.
If you are part of a community group or perhaps you work at a school that would like to take part, please email us at email@example.com to get involved.
These popular 2m x 2m gardens were a real hit with visitors to the show and provide a great opportunity to talk to visitors about your community group, charity or school.
Schools/Community groups will receive a 2.2m x 1.6m (approximately) MDF backboard at the beginning of June (these can be requested earlier if needed):
• Schools/Groups will have a 2m x 2m edged area to plant
• Schools/Groups will have access to Astley Park from Monday 25 July to plant their garden
• The garden area will be fenced off to protect it from visitors in the park
• Your garden will need to be completed by Thursday 27 July
• You will need to provide a brief description for the garden
• The competition will be judged against the criteria on Friday 28 July (Once show opens)
• Chorley Council will provide the garden sleepers, soil and backboard. Schools/Groups will provide all plants and garden materials
• Prizes given are gold, silver and bronze and best in show
• Schools/Groups can remove and reuse their garden after the show finishes
• Your garden can be designed in any theme the school/group wishes
o Schools/Groups project
o An existing school Schools/Groups theme
o Charity linked
o Community programme linked
o Chorley themed
o Film or book themed
o Any theme you choose – be creative!
Deadline for entries is Sunday 4 June at midnight.